LEARN MORE AND PAY LESS.
You can access opportunities to advance your nursing skills whilst working with us. So you can develop and excel.
You can qualify for up to $1,000 in education assistance across professional development, immunisation and midwifery courses.* Access the upskilling scheme by proactively requesting for learning opportunities, or when it’s deemed necessary by the Alliance Nursing team as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
To be eligible for financial assistance towards a professional development course you must comply with the following terms and conditions:
- The nurse must be actively working for Alliance Nursing in Western Australia, South Australia, Albury, ACT and Queensland (collectively, “Alliance Nursing”) to be eligible for financial assistance.
- The course must be accredited, recognised by professional bodies and provide a further endorsement on the qualification that the nurse already holds. If not, the nurse may request special consideration of a specific course. In these circumstances, this request will be referred to Alliance Nursing Management for consideration
- Only one application per calendar year, per nurse shall be considered, unless the first or second professional development activity is a State approved immunisation course
- Availability of funding for any professional development will depend upon the number of applications received annually by Alliance Nursing per calendar year
- If approval is obtained, calculation of hours to ascertain level of reimbursement applicable shall be based upon the ordinary time hours that the nurse has worked for Alliance Nursing as per the schedule below:
- Work at least 800 hours over a 9 month period and receive 50% off your course capped at $500 (GST inclusive)
- Work at least 1,100 hours over a 12 month period and receive 75% off your course capped at $800 (GST inclusive)
- Work at least 1,400 hours over a 15 month period and receive 100% off your course capped at $1,000 (GST inclusive).
- The maximum amount you can receive as financial assistance is therefore $1,000 (including GST).
- To be eligible for financial assistance towards an immunisation and Cardiotography (CTG) course:
- Immunisation & CTG Courses have been allocated a different criterion in line with Alliance Nursing’s commitment to expand our pool of midwives and immunisation providers, in order to enable the company to meet the increasing demand for these services to facilities and the wider community
- This contribution shall only be made towards the cost of registration fees for the course. It is the responsibility of the nurse to make arrangements and pay for the travel to and from the course, accommodation and other incidentals. Alliance Nursing will not be responsible for paying the nurses’ time in attending the course. This will be deemed a co-contribution of the nurse in achieving professional development opportunities.
- Any financial assistance is at the discretion of Alliance Nursing and Alliance Nursing reserves the right to extend, change or end this offer without prior notice.